Santa Maria-style Compound Butter
« Back to Recipes
Use this tasty concoction to finish off grilled steaks, roasted
chicken, or roasted vegetables. Use it on garlic bread or substitute
Oaky & Smoky seasoning for incredible flavor. Monterey Seafood
compound butter makes good grilled fish sensational.
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Grated zest of 1 small lemon (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Santa Maria-style seasoning
- In a bowl, beat the butter with the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- Place the mixture a piece of parchment or plastic wrap and roll into
a cigar or sausage shape. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm
Slice off pats of compound butter and place on hot food for pure bliss. Freeze or refrigerate leftover butter for later use.